If you have defended a doctoral thesis or a Master’s thesis or published a book on Economic Intelligence (monitoring and information analysis, economic security, lobbying and influence or competitiveness development) in Africa during 2019/2020, the Economic Intelligence African Associations Forum FAAIE invites you to submit your application.
The Economic Intelligence Research Award aims to recognize excellent research work and publications on topics related to Economic Intelligence in Africa. This prize rewards students, researchers and professionals who, through their work and publications, contribute to Economic Intelligence’s visibility in Africa.
The Award is divided into three categories:
- « Thesis »
- « Masters »
- « Books »
The Award is endowed with the following prizes:
- Thesis category: 35 000 Moroccan dirhams or 3500 USD.
- Master category: 15 000 Moroccan dirhams or 1500 USD.
- Book category: 50 000 Moroccan dirhams or 5000 USD.
Conditions for participation
Academic work and publications must be related to themes listed in Article 1, and must have been written in French or in English during the period 2018-2019 (before the application deadline).
Applications can be submitted by a university, a laboratory or research institution or directly by the author himself.
Any academic work or publication that has already been selected for a prize or has already been awarded cannot be submitted.
Candidates can be:
- Researchers affiliated with a research laboratory;
- Master’s or doctoral students.
The application file must contain:
- Application form (available at https://forms.gle/9bjzUTmZK7TTGGb78 ),
- A resume of the applicant,
- A validated copy of academic work or publication written in French or in English. Only PDF format will be accepted.
- A 2-pages summary of the proposed work in French and English in PDF format (Arial, Times 11, 1.5 lines spacing, with 8 keywords).
Application deadline: 31 July 2020 11h59 PM (Moroccan time).
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted by the Jury.
The application file must be sent to the Forum Secretariat at the following e-mail address:
Any incomplete application or application submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
- 01 February 2020: publication of the Call for papers.
- 31 July 2020: closing of applications.
- 30 September 2020: jury deliberations.
- 12 November 2020: Award ceremony.
Commitments of the applicant
The candidate declares that he/she has all the rights to images, texts and other elements used in her/his work. If not, she/he needs to obtain such rights before submitting her/his work.
At any time during the process, the Forum may check the information provided by the candidates when submitting the application. Any fraudulent or suspicious work will be definitely rejected.
The submitted work will be evaluated according to the following scale:
- Originality (20%)
- Work relevance and innovative approach (20%)
- Work interest to the African continent (20%)
- Quality of writing and presentation (20%)
- Clarity of document (20%)
The submitted work will be evaluated by a jury composed of 10 members.
For the 2020 edition, the Jury members are:
- Dr. Mounir ROCHDI: Chairman,
- Mr. Mohamed OURDEDINE: Rapporteur,
- Dr. Nisha SEWDASS,
- Mrs. Shitaye LEMMA,
- Mrs. Caroline SECK KENDM,
- Dr. Siham HARROUSSI,
- Dr. Mohammed BENABID,
- Dr. Sofiane FRIMOUSSE,
- Mr. Adoum Youssouf IBRAHIM,
- Mr. Zeca Emilio JOVENDO.
The jury’s decision is final.
The Forum reserves the right not to award all or a part of the prizes if the jury considers that the submitted work does not meet the required qualifications.
The list of candidates will remain confidential with the exception of prizewinners.
Prize winners will be notified of the award at least three weeks before the award ceremony. They will receive a personal invitation to attend the award ceremony to be held during the Dakhla Annual FAAIE Meeting.
The awards ceremony will take place in November 12th 2020 in Dakhla, Morocco.
All travel expenses of winners, will be covered by the Forum.
Image right and publication
Candidates accept the publication, after the award ceremony, in any form and free of charge, of the works they have submitted to participate in the Prize.
The winners also grant the Forum the right to mention their surname, first name, affiliation and to use their image on its various communication tools (Internet and paper and other media) without this conferring on them any remuneration whatsoever or any right other than the award of their prize for an indefinite period.
In accordance with current Moroccan law on the protection of personal data, participants registered for this Prize have the right to access and rectify their data.